1. Booked the room for 3 people on the hotels.com website, and an extra bed was confirmed by the receptionist at check-in in the afternoon. However, the night receptionist would not allow an extra "bed" (i.e., mattress on the floor) without paying extra cash.
2. Both booked rooms had blankets, bedsheets, towels with obvious stains, that we requested be changed.
3. Requested late checkout, but would only accept cash, and not card, giving the reason that the card would be charged to the "hotel company" and not the "hotel owner". The rate charged was 50% of a day's rent (and 20% according to another).
4. Building work and stray dogs mar the front entrance.
5. After checkout, hotel agreed to keep the luggage in the cloakroom. The luggage was left in the public waiting area.
1. Rooms had air-conditioning.
2. Location was close to shops and amenities.
Summary: First stay at the hotel prompted by previous reviews and photos. However, will not book again in this company for above reasons.