- location very handy if you need to be in or near orchard, or nearby buses go to bugis, chinatown, CBD in one direction and orchard, tiong bahru in the other
- rooms relatively big since building is relatively old, predating trend for tiny rooms
- the reception staff generally helpful and available whenever needed
- terrible yellow flourescent lighting in the rooms makes it impossible to work or relax, it's like living in a restaurant kitchen
- strange smell of damp and/or stinky aircon leaking freon every time you enter the room, permeating all your clothes and giving you headaches
- poorly equipped kitchen, but in singapore who needs a kitchen
- often hard to sleep at night because of frog noise (really!), road noise, neighbour noise, ancient aircon end of life noise
- analog TV cable poor quality picture not making use of the HD television, poor selection of channels, TV not setup/tuned correctly. Can just plug in a chromecast though.
- the pool is always filthy because of the daft design of the building leading to leaves and insects falling in it constantly. Also always too cold because it doesn't get any sunlight on it. Stupid architects don't think about how their designs will work in practice.
- tiny dining table
- no desk or writing table, and no office chair (I asked for one and got given a broken spare one from their onsite office...)
- poor quality sofa, hard with no extra cushions
- poor quality bed, bedding, dreadful pillows, and poor quality towels