This is one of the least expensive options for staying in Macomb, and you get what you pay for. Some things you might complain about if you were paying more:
- No full-time front desk; you have to ring the manager if you want to check in or check out. He's very friendly and helpful, though.
- The heater/AC unit was finicky and would randomly vary temperature. The manager did provide a plug-in space heater but it did not work--it did not even turn on.
- Half of the electrical outlets in the room didn't work.
- The TV turned on and got one channel (a news channel) but the cable TV box did not.
- The alarm clock had the wrong time and after 10 minutes of trying I could not figure out how to set the correct time.
- The microwave was old and dirty.
- The floor was dirty when I arrived and was only cleaned after my second day there.
- The bathroom sink was slow draining and dirty.
- The bathroom floor was dirty, and there was peeling caulk and mold in the shower (but it did have plenty of hot water).
- The towels and bed linen are cheap and scratchy.
- The deadbolt on the door was broken.
I wanted a cheap place to crash for a few days and this hotel was satisfactory for my minimal needs, but this is very basic accommodations that might not satisfy other travelers.